5. Betta fish food: feeding betta fish
Eating a well balanced, healthy diet is essential to keeping your betta fish fit and healthy.
Betta fish are carnivores – actually “insectivores” – who naturally eat insects and sometimes the eggs of other fish.
Betta fish are not vegetarian and only feeding a vegetarian diet to your betta will not give your fish all of the nutrients it needs.
As well as dried foods, such as flakes and pellets, we suggest that you also feed live and/or freeze dried foods, such as mosquito larvae, brine shrimp, bloodworms, tubifex worms, and plankton.
Find out more about betta fish food.
1. Buying betta fish
2. Betta fish tanks: Can betta fish live in a bowl?
3. Do betta fish need filters?
4. Do betta fish need a heater?
5. Betta fish food: Feeding betta fish
6. Betta fish diseases: symptoms and treatment
7. Keeping other fish with betta fish
8. What to do if your betta fish fight each other
9. Breeding betta fish